Alliance for Long-Term Care Quality Improvement (ALTCQI)
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2000, the Alliance for Long-Term Care Quality Improvement (ALTCQI) is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to provide long-term care health professionals with the training and education needed to successfully improve the quality of care and quality of life experienced by nursing home residents.
Our purpose is to provide the most recent and effective techniques related to quality assurance, risk management and regulatory compliance through multi-disciplinary teaching and training of long term care personnel. This is accomplished through the establishment of a national certification and recertification program. The ALTCQI grants certification to persons who apply and meet the current standards.
Individuals who meet the standards, successfully complete the training program and pass the test will be granted certification. Individuals will then be able to use the professional designation of Risk Manager Certified (RMC). Re-certification is required every 2 years.
Examples of Previous Risk Management Certification Training Course Topics:
- Current Trends in Long Term Care Claims and Litigation
- Incident Reporting, Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- How to be an effective Risk Manager
- Managing Your Risk on Admission and During Care Plans
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement - QAPI
- How to Write a Plan of Correction
- Infection Control and WoundCare/Pressure Ulcers in Long Term Care
- Abuse Training / Workplace Violence Training
- Life Safety and OSHA Overview of Processes
- Managing Antipsychotic Medications
2024 RISK MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATION TRAINING PROGRAM
DATE: October 8-11, 2024
CALL for more information: 205.414.6169 or 205.414.2595
2200 Woodcrest Place Suite 250
Birmingham, Alabama 35209
Class Fees include:
Course Materials and Manual
Application & Examination Fees
*Lunch is on your own.
Certification Renewal Requirements
In order to maintain the RMC certification, individuals must renew their certification every two (2) years.
To renew, each certified risk manager must:
1. Complete a renewal application; and
2. Complete twenty-four (24) hours of continuing education credit, completed during the two (2) years since certification or during your re-certification period. CEUs should be related to Senior Living and/or approved by the ALTCQI.
*You do not have to submit proof of CEU completion but must sign the attestation statement within the renewal application that you have completed the required CEUs. You should maintain a copy of your CEU certificates in the event you are audited.
3. Pay renewal fees
All renewal fees are due the last day of June your certification year.
NOTE: The ALTCQI counts actual teaching hours. Does not include breaks, meals, etc.
Click here for the CQRMS renewal form access. This link will take you to the ALTCQI website, where you may obtain the form.
Changes in Contact Information for Current Risk Managers
In order to maintain the most current and up-to-date information on all certified professionals, we ask that you complete the above CQRMS Renewal form when you have a change in;
• Mailing address
• Telephone number
• Email address
You may send the form to our office via:
2200 Woodcrest Place, Ste. 250
Birmingham, AL 35209
Questions? Contact Nancy Lee at 205-414-6169