Tuesday November 5, 2019
November 5-8, 2019.
This is a comprehensive program that allows the student to identify, assess, and prioritize risks in a coordinated effort within the Senior Living environment. Understanding the economics and application of resources to minimize, monitor and control the probability of unfortunate events while focusing on improvement of systems are vital to facilities in this ever changing world of the Senior Living industry.
Monday August 20, 2018
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is strengthening the current warnings in the prescribing information that fluoroquinolone antibiotics may cause significant decreases in blood sugar and certain mental health side effects
Wednesday August 1, 2018
• Legionella Infections: The bacterium Legionella can cause a serious type of pneumonia called LD in persons at risk. Those at risk include persons who are at least 50 years old, smokers, or those with underlying medical conditions such as chronic lung disease or immunosuppression. Outbreaks have been linked to poorly maintained water systems in buildings with large or complex water systems including hospitals and long-term care facilities. Transmission can occur via aerosols from devices such as showerheads, cooling towers, hot tubs, and decorative fountains.
• Facility Requirements to Prevent Legionella Infections: Facilities must develop and adhere to policies and procedures that inhibit microbial growth in building water systems that reduce the risk of growth and spread of Legionella and other opportunistic pathogens in water.
• This policy memorandum applies to Hospitals, Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) and Long-Term Care (LTC). However, this policy memorandum is also intended to provide general awareness for all healthcare organizations.
• This policy memorandum clarifies expectations for providers, accrediting organizations, and surveyors and does not impose any new expectations nor requirements for hospitals, CAHs and surveyors of hospitals and CAHs. For these provider types, the memorandum is merely clarifying already existent expectations.
• This policy memorandum supersedes the previous Survey & Certification (S&C) 17-30 released on June 02, 2017 and the subsequent revisions issued on June 9, 2017.
Wednesday March 21, 2018
It seems that long-term care providers are struggling to stay the course in developing thorough, comprehensive, “Person-Centered Care” plans. Amid all the numerous regulatory changes, nursing and rehabilitation facilities are attempting to find a balance between shifting the care model while also maintaining regulatory compliance.
Wednesday March 21, 2018
Assisted Living, Specialty Care Assisted Living, Memory Care Facility, Resident Care Homes – whatever title they go by, each state has its own set of rules and regulations for these care facilities. The criteria for admission and retention for any of these centers will vary depending on the state in which you live.